What is Blood Spatter Analysis?
What are the Types of Blood Patterns?
Why Blood Pattern Analysis is Needed?
- Confirm or dismiss assumptions regarding events and their sequence.
- Determine victim's position.
- The evidence of a struggle (standing, sitting, lying). (Blood smears, trails of blood)
- Confirm or refute statements made in the case: Are there stain patterns consistent with his reported actions on a suspect clothing?
- Were stain patterns on a victim or in a scene consistent with witness or suspect accounts?